This post is a continuation of the previous topic which is on wireless technology. So, basically, this post will touch on the topic of Bluetooth, Broadband as well as Infrared.
- Bluetooth is an open wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short distances.
- Basically, it uses short wave-length radio transmission.
- It creates high-level security of PANs.
- Bluetooth provides a secure method in order to connect and exchange data and information between devices.
- Example of application:
- Wireless control of and communication between a mobile phone and hands free headset.
- Wireless Bluetooth headset and Intercom.
- Examples of devices:
Faxes | Mobile phones | Laptops | Digital cameras | Personal computers
|Logo of Bluetooth|
|An example of a Bluetooth device|
- Broadband handles a wide range of frequencies.
- Provides and easier way for users to surf Internet as portable modems are provided. The users are only left to connect it to their notebooks.
- Devices normally used in the application of broadband are:
PC cards | USB modems | USB sticks
- We could actually find different broadband from different companies such as Celcom, Maxis, Digi, Vodafone and many more.
|Jjang! Another one: Celcom broadband|
- The technology of infrared allows the communication devices to work at a short-range wireless signals.
- Computers can transfer files easily in a two way direction.
- There's a device called an infrared adapter where it functions as data transmitter and receiver, which is installed in many handheld personal devices.
- Supports connections between to devices only.
- It spans very short distances and two devices cannot be placed far than 5 meters from each other.
All in all, all these technologies play an important role in our daily activities. Every one needs these technologies in order to make their lives far more easier. As we know, the world is getting more advanced than it is before and many new inventions of technology is being introduced day by day. Make use of these technologies and learn how to use them with proper manner. As a student, personally, I reflect that these technologies do assist me in my everyday routine. For instance, Bluetooth and broadband. Almost every student own their very own mobile phones installed with Bluetooth application as well as a broadband which makes us easier to complete our assignments. Same goes to my self. It is undeniable that we tend to depend mostly on these inventions.
Till next time, lovely readers! ^^